For more than 20 years, M S Benbow & Associates (MSB) has helped oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) companies improve their communications and remote operations capabilities by utilizing the most advanced technologies. By enhancing offshore automation, MSB helps E&P companies gain more control of their offshore assets and reduce operating costs by having SMEs onshore.
Whether by developing technical architecture recommendations, assisting offshore communications support personnel with hardware upgrades and software implementations, or troubleshooting network connectivity issues, MSB can service any telecommunication or technology need. Our clients depend on our expertise in telecom and IT needs analysis; design, implementation, and monitoring of IT networks; and, RF analysis and performance design and modeling for wireless and telemetry solutions.
- Perform network discovery and documentation for process control networks including Ethernet, Allen-Bradley Data-Highway+, ControlNet and proprietary systems from Honeywell, Yokogawa and DeltaV.
- Develop technical architecture recommendations for Process Control Networks that meet Data Acquisition and Control Architecture security requirements.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues related to firewalls and VPN Edge devices including PCN and DCS connectivity, telephone connectivity, and always-on video and audio between central and remote control rooms.
- Assist offshore and onshore network management teams in upgrading hardware and network servers.
- Develop as-built network diagrams to show final network configurations for offshore sites.
- Provide technical network and communications consultation to support remote capabilities to offshore assets.
- Offer network connectivity consultation for offshore and onshore systems including terrestrial, microwave and fixed or stabilized VSAT systems.
- Perform FCC licensing for microwave satellite systems and trunked radio systems.
M S Benbow & Associates (MSB) is a leader in the field of electrical engineering and performs electrical analysis, reliability improvements, equipment retrofits and grassroots designs for various industries across the Gulf Coast including refineries, chemical plants and pipeline facilities. With a long history of handling complex and time-sensitive projects, we serve our clients’ needs in an efficient manner while always maintaining industry standards for reliability and safety. With more than 20 years experience, our engineers have provided detailed engineering and design of electrical power distribution systems, system analysis, troubleshooting and technical support.
- Create initial design and all levels of technical documents, including estimation, scope, specification, design and installation packages.
- Provide all levels of system analysis to ensure that electrical systems are adequately rated and determine additional capacity, system reliability and safety.
- Develop the required documentation to assist clients in understanding how to safely start-up, commission and operate their electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot and assist clients in determining causes for failures and course of action to get systems back online.
- Members of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), International Society of Automation (ISA), Louisiana Engineering Society (LES), National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), and the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). For a complete list of all affiliations and certifications click here.
Since 1978, M S Benbow & Associates (MSB) has engineered and designed instrumentation and control systems for Gulf Coast clients in multiple industries. Our senior engineers have specialized experience in control systems, analytical applications and safety instrumented systems. From conception through detailed design, we can service any need in process measurements, distributed control systems, PLC programming, analytical measurements, and critical safety instrumented systems.
Petroleum and chemical refineries around the Gulf South regularly call on MSB to handle projects that address safety and compliance and provide financial return from improved operations. MSB holds a Safety Instrumented Systems Certification from the International Society of Automation.
- Provide engineering and design for the construction and implementation of various process measurement, monitoring, and control instrumentation.
- Modify existing ladder programs for applications or specify and program a new controller and/or HMI screens.
- Specify and design a host of analytical systems ranging from O2 and ph monitoring to continuous emissions monitoring for EPA compliance.
- Identify and implement new process controls or optimize a facility’s or pipeline’s measurements and controls.
- Assist in the risk and hazard analysis process and calculate SIL for various instrumented system scenarios.
- Identify appropriate safety level systems.
- Perform turnaround/shutdown planning, coordination and supervision assistance.
- Design supervisory control and data acquisition systems.
- Members of the International Society of Automation (ISA). For a complete list of all affiliations and certifications click here.
M S Benbow & Associates (MSB) specializes in project management providing services in conceptualization, definition, design, planning, coordination, scheduling and implementation. We adhere to a project management methodology based on the doctrine advocated by the Project Management Institute and its PMBOK® guide that is tailored to fit the technical and commercial terms of the project. The planning process and scope definition result in classic Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and templates that are valuable tools for organizing and managing the actual work, duration and budget involved in producing a deliverable.
We have a strong commitment to dependable and reliable project management capabilities that include electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, civil/structural and communication engineering services. We have managed new project installations, equipment upgrades, plant turn-around operations, and retrofit projects for clients throughout the Gulf South. MSB’s senior level managers have an average of more than 20 years experience in the engineering design, construction, procurement, and consulting phases of project management.
- Perform project plan development including scope definition and planning; activity definition, sequencing, duration estimating, and scheduling; resource planning, cost estimating and budgeting; and, risk identification, analysis and management planning.
- Develop a project schedule by factoring the structure, sequence of tasks, and constraints of the project and its activities.
- Coordinate and evaluate bids and RFQs to provide recommendations to the client.
- Create project budgets using cost considerations and baselining to support earned value measurement and reporting.
- Execute project plan with attention to quality assurance, team development, information distribution, solicitation and source selection, and contract administration.
- Integrate change control through scope verification; schedule, cost and quality controls; performance reporting; and, risk monitoring and control.
- Tailor Microsoft Project and other software tools to highlight milestones and critical path line items and to create custom reporting that match the requirements of the project and client.
- Schedule routine meetings with the client and subcontractors to review progress, provide statistical reporting and discuss the impact of variances and deviations from the overall plan.
- Communicate with contractors, suppliers and consultants to ensure project is completed efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Perform contract closeout and administrative closure.
- Members of the Louisiana Engineering Society (LES), National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) and Louisiana Society of Professional Engineers. For a complete list of all affiliations and certifications click here.